Friday 16 January 2009

Recession, Recession, Recession

Well my friends, it has been a little while!

But I am back, refreshed and slightly more impoverished, thanks to the credit crisis.

And didn’t that sneak up and bite everyone on the ar$e? PM Brown and his Labour colleagues claimed that they had re-written the laws of economics and ended boom and bust cycles.

“Great,” everyone rejoiced and went out and celebrated, stopping by to get a massive loan from the bank and 10 credit cards, to help keep the party going. After all, these are leaders of great importance not just in the UK, but on the world-wide stage. So, who are we to question their proclamations?

OK, OK, so I’ve learnt I can’t trust politicians, but surely I can trust banks? Some of them have been going since 1695. They will know what they are talking about. If they say I can afford a £200,000 mortgage on a £15,000 salary, who am I to argue? Just show me that mansion!

What?

It’s a bedsit? For £200k?

You better make it £200,010 so I can furnish it as well! I’ll get my stuff from Woolies.

Woolies is bust? And you want your £200k back? Wait a minute. Does the taxpayer not own you now anyway? So we have just ploughed £500bn pounds into you for you to pull the carpet out from under my feet?

Looks like I can’t trust banks now either!

Where on earth is it all heading? At this point in time, contrary to what some Labour Business Minister’s think, this recession is just starting and will have a long way to go.

Hold on folks. We are in for a rough ride.

No comments: