Friday 26 June 2009

The World We Live In

Last night I heard the news as did everyone of the sad passing of Michael Jackson. To be honest it didn't affect me nearly as much as the death of Kurt Cobain did back in 1994, but no-one wants to see someone go well before they reach old age.

Anyway, I had to go to Glasgow Fort today for a few things, so thought I would pop into HMV just to see if there was anything worth buying.

On the way up to the door, I heard they were playing Jackson's music. I thought that was nice. A kind of tribute.

I can't believe how naive I was!

On entering the store, immediately as you went in, there was a stand with loads of Jackson merchandise on it for sale.

The guy had barely been dead 12 hours, yet they were ready to capitalise on it. I know I shouldn't really be surprised, after all we live in a capitalist society, but it just seemed wrong, wrong, wrong.

No comments: